To install XLingPaper on Mac OS X operating systems (Intel processor, version 10.4 or higher), do these steps:
Download and install the XMLmind XML Editor (~29MB).
- If you are able to use the Personal Edition, click here. Otherwise, please email sales at xmlmind and ask them how to purchase a professional license for version 5.3.0 of the XMLmind XML Editor that will run on Mac OS X. (XLingPaper needs version 5.3.0 of the XMLmind XML Editor; unfortunately, newer versions have some incompatibilities with the XLingPaper configuration files.) They should be able to give you a link where you can download the installer for version 5.3.0. Get this installer.
- Double-click the .dmg file after it downloads. This will open a Finder window showing the contents of the downloaded .dmg file.
- Drag the XMLEditor item (i.e. the program, not the folder) to /Applications.
Download and install the XLingPaper configuration package (~61MB).
- Click here to download the latest XLingPaper configuration installer for Mac OS X.
- Run the installer. It will do all that is needed. Be sure to use the default installation directory. As its last step, it will start up the XMLmind XML Editor with a sample XLingPaper document in it. You can then “play” with this sample document.
Note: if you get a message about “can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer”, try right-clicking on the icon and choosing Open and then click on Open. See http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Software-from-Unsigned-Developers-on-a-Mac.
That’s it. You are now set to use XLingPaper.